Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tue Nov 02 Mississauga at Oshawa 11:00 AM

+20
generalsfan
UGENS
steamed
ogf
annette12
dewitl
mygens
hockeynightinontario
opinionated
Chamoo
Gens Camper
Kevy
Gen44
JokesandPranks
moose
archer_gens
hockeybeats
Hayes#21
ohagan
Oshawa fan
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Tue Nov 02	Mississauga at Oshawa	11:00 AM - Page 4 Empty Re: Tue Nov 02 Mississauga at Oshawa 11:00 AM

Post by hockeybeats Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Fair enough, it could be highlighted better. I thought they would mention that it was for the school game or at least use that as an example. So it isn't that they haven't communicated it at all but that they could have directed people's attention there and not assumed that people would have examined the schedule themselves and made the connection.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Tue Nov 02	Mississauga at Oshawa	11:00 AM - Page 4 Empty Re: Tue Nov 02 Mississauga at Oshawa 11:00 AM

Post by ogf Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:10 am

hockeynightinontario wrote:After OGF's last post, I don't feel bad about what he said about me. Smile

Sure, you don't expect every game at 7:30 or 6....I guess. But you sure as heck don't expect a weekday morning either, especially a bigger than normal game.

The guy says he loves the team and then you belittle him. Really? Can't people have an opinion in your world?

Go ahead and bash me. I look forward to it. Smile

Not really sure what that means but ok. I am glad your are posting. In your earlier post you had stated that you were not going to post here anymore and it kinda upset me. I guess things aren't always what they seem...I mean with you posting now....whatever. Glad to have you back!

Cheers!!

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:18 am

Hayes#21, I wasn't, certainly didn't mean to take a shot at you as another poster has suggested. I am only pointing out that EVERYONE bought season tickets based on not knowing when any games would be played. It is up to the Gens organization to release a schedule, which they did. They have many special groups or games thoughout the year that they don't advertise. Many Sunday's they are welcoming some group(s). It is the responsiblity of the people with tickets to look at the schedule and understand the start times.

I meant no disrespect to you Hayes.....Cheers!

ogf

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:14 am

At the beginning of this topic, I was a supporter of donating the tickets to charity and I thought that would be a noble gesture. But after giving this topic more thought and reading some of the posts on this subject I find that Im leaning toward the leaving the seat empty movement. If you donate your tickets or give them away, then the profits will still come in at the concessions as there will be people in those otherwise vacant seats. I find myself wishing this game to be not successful in terms of viability and hope that this will not become an annual event. It sounds like most of us cant go to that game due to work or other obligations. 2000 empty seats might send a message.

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan4life Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:47 am

i dunno if im gonna go to this game yet and i justmight give my ticket to a friend of mine.
generalsfan4life
generalsfan4life

Number of posts : 125
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:46 am

OGF...thanks. I was not offeneded by your post. We all have a point of view on this message board...and we may not all agree on everything, which is why I read and post here. I can appreciate anothers point of view.

I do not expect everyone to agree with my opinions I post.

No worries here!!!

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:44 am

I think its silly to think that there will be 2000 STH seats empty for the game. You might as well email the team your displeasure and then donate or give the tickets away. I think its a great way to protest, however, refusing to support the boys is hurting the team more then ownership. I also think at max 2-300 of the STH seats will be empty because people are either taking the time off work or giving them away.

As for ownership, it wasn't long ago when the Generals could have been on there way out of Oshawa, that would have been a loss of 34 regular season games, playoffs and preseason. So while I don't agree with this game, I think its better then nothing. I just think that if it becomes an annual thing we should be able to get cash back, or a playoff ticket, even a gift card for Gens merchandice or concessions at the game.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:26 pm

I am disappointed in the Generals for pulling this. I am going to leave my seat empty. I can't get the time off. I have missed 1 home game in 3 years for the world juniors in Ottawa. Now missing this though no fault of my own. It has all been said here. So I'll leave it at that.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeynightinontario Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:35 am

archer_gens wrote:I think its silly to think that there will be 2000 STH seats empty for the game. You might as well email the team your displeasure and then donate or give the tickets away. I think its a great way to protest, however, refusing to support the boys is hurting the team more then ownership. I also think at max 2-300 of the STH seats will be empty because people are either taking the time off work or giving them away.

As for ownership, it wasn't long ago when the Generals could have been on there way out of Oshawa, that would have been a loss of 34 regular season games, playoffs and preseason. So while I don't agree with this game, I think its better then nothing. I just think that if it becomes an annual thing we should be able to get cash back, or a playoff ticket, even a gift card for Gens merchandice or concessions at the game.

There's 200-300 empty STH seats early in the year at game times that are possible to make. I believe at max, 200-300 STH seats will be full. You need a lot of vacation time to take a day off for a junior hockey game -- vacation time is for vacations to many people. And even if I wanted to give away my seats...I know of absolutely nobody who could make an 11 am weekday game. School and work for almost everyone.

hockeynightinontario

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:41 am

well I guess we'll see

it works in other cities so obviously people can go

I don't understand why people would sit on there tickets instead of giving them to the United way, or friends or family. I understand what people are saying, to me it just doesn't make sense.

I guess I know people without jobs, who work evenings, seniors, parents with kids not in school. So I guess I don't understand how others don't. From there people take sicks days for alot of stupid things, people also take time off from work for alot of things. (not condoning the use of sick days, just saying)

p.s. I'm still not in favor of this game, I just don't think its as big a deal as its being made out to be. If all 2000 STH complained to management I have a hard time believing this would be a yearly event.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:39 am

Grab a ticket from someone not going and take your boss!!!! That might even score brownie points LOL!! There should be lots of seats available to sit together from what everyone is saying. Tell the boss you will look after the tickets and he/she can look after lunch after the game!!

ogf

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:46 pm

I don't believe there is 5 pages on this.The Gens are thrying something different,as some other OHL teams do this.I knew this at the begining of the season I PUT IN FOR A VACATION DAY.stop the madness Laughing
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:04 pm

steamed wrote:stop the madness Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:08 pm

Lol there is still a few more weeks, im sure we can hit page 7 before the game LOLOLOL!!!

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:09 pm

For all that are complaining about the 11am game today Mondays there was a morning game and there was 9862 in Attendance, and I'm sure the GMC will be full too...
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeynightinontario Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:42 pm

I'm guessing Ottawa's format is closer to the original intent when this started in Texas -- giving kids FREE tickets to expose them to hockey.

hockeynightinontario

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:06 pm

We are not in the states. There is no comparison, when programs like this started in the states is was cuz the kids didnt know what hockey wuz. I doubt more then a handful of kids tomoorow wont know hockey
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeynightinontario Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:43 pm

I agree, ArcherGens. And that's why I don't think these inconveniences are necessary in a Canadian market.

hockeynightinontario

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:44 pm

I hope for the game is a success. I would imagine there are a number of kids who have never seen a live hockey game. Hopefully a number of schools have signed on .

Oshawa fan

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeynightinontario Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:49 pm

I'm hoping for a sea of empty seats and a big Mississauga win so we don't have to do this again. Smile kids can go to any 7:30 game, like most of us did when we were kids!

hockeynightinontario

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:14 pm

hockeynightinontario wrote:I'm hoping for a sea of empty seats and a big Mississauga win so we don't have to do this again. Smile kids can go to any 7:30 game, like most of us did when we were kids!

I see your a fan Rolling Eyes support the Gen's only when it suits you Rolling Eyes I hope they keep on doing it as this is a school thing that hopefully in the future this kids will be supporting the Gen's fan or OHL when there older.I wish they done this when I was going to School. hockeynightinontario enjoy the game on the radio OOP'S no radio Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:16 pm

When Joe Kantor was interviewed During the intermission on last Friday nights game; he said that this was going to be an annual event.
Either go or stay home....................I can't believe there are 5 pages on this already. Get over it. It is great marketing.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:25 pm

I tried to stop it a couple of post ago but I got suck right back in Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:39 pm

Me too Very Happy

Oshawa fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:42 pm

ok , well i wasnt going to comment on this again but i think i;m going to be sick with the naivety on the part of some of you , "great marketing " perhaps , honourable "NOT " .......are you guys kidding me? , the organization lets us pay for the tickets , then unbeknownst to us schedule the game when 99% cannot attend , now that their costs are covered , they're going to offer discounted ticket prices to school kids , to sit in our seats , its an amazing ploy to make more money and yet look like the all generous community minded group , and if it doesnt work out and the school kids dont go , well no harm , the gens organization has covered themselves on our backs . Its not the money folks its the principle , this approach at "marketing " is very much in poor taste as far as i'm concerned .
Furthermore "steamed " just because some of us complain about certain things "ownership " does , is not necessarily a reflection on what kind , or how loyal a fan one is ! . ownerships come and go , they are for the most part in it to make money , the "real gens fan is a fan of the team '!!!!! a fan of the sweater !
lastly there is nothing wrong with ownership trying to make a buck or grow interest in the community , just dont do it in such a manner on the "backs " of the season ticket holder ! Its a very poor business practice !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next