Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now we have a full time GM

5 posters

Go down

Now we have a full time GM Empty Now we have a full time GM

Post by Gens Camper Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Hopefully we have some cash in the travel budget for DIPS to pay a visit to our holdout Mr Biggs , you know how are you Tyler how is your development going - if your ever want to fast track your hockey career let's talk.

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Now we have a full time GM Empty Re: Now we have a full time GM

Post by TipcoSr Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:49 pm

He could do that over the phone. If the kid isn't interested, it won't make a difference going down. Dips should actually take Brian Burke out to lunch and talk to him about his future star development.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:07 pm

how would the call go... "hi brian, id like u to send biggs to our team.. i know we are currently under .500 and not living up to expectations, but biggs should come to play for us.."
i dont think it would go well sadly

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:01 pm

LX, if Biggs is ever going to play in the OHL (for Oshawa or anyone else), it will go through Brian Burke. I assume you were being sarcastic about the convo, but bottom line, the Gens need to talk to Burke before travelling to talk to Biggs.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:19 am

I agree. I was just trying to be funny. However if the gens were doing very well this year I bet there would be a better chance of burke sending Biggs here

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:49 pm

This is a good opportunity for the new 'full time' GM to show his 'skills.' He has assembled this group. It will be tough to 'correct' his recent errors in judgement and may have to take a few calulated risks. He is dealing from a weak position having to fill holes.
If 'Biggs' needs a 'hot' team to surround him to showcase his 'superstar' skills then I'd take a huge pass. Burke is 'pro' the American U route and may prefer that kind of development. Burkie seems to have his own hands full just making the playoffs.
I'd be knocking on the Hunters door, west on the 401, to see if they want to 'over pay' again with players, picks, and $$$. They have the ability to make offers to players they can't refuse and they love to roll the dice! I'd be all over another 'Tavares' type deal in a heartbeat!
You might want to drop into Kitchener on the way too!

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Yes I deleted the last few threads that person snuck into a thread I missed it this time sorry. I try to keep the spammers out of here . My hands are tied I can't ban him, only the owner of the board can do that. I can just delete and warn to coming here obviously that take care about the warnings !!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down