Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Trades and Activity amongst OHL Sqauds

+8
chupa81
mcintyre
UGENS
steamed
5forfighting
jaycro
nerfherder
Macker88
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Summer Trades and Activity amongst OHL Sqauds - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer Trades and Activity amongst OHL Sqauds

Post by Macker88 Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:18 pm

To Sudbury Wolves from Kitchener Rangers (G) Jack Moylan in exchange for a 15th Round Pick in '14.

Moylan, is a 6'2 190lbs goalie in his 2nd season in the OHL. Moylan was originally drafted by the Kitchener Rangers in the 8th round 156th overall in the 2011 OHL draft. Moylan actually appeared in 4 games with the Rangers in his first year of junior eligibility, but mainly suited up for the Woodstock Navy Vets of the NJCHL. During the 2011-2012 season with the Navy Vets Moylan posted a 5.32 GAA an a 0.868 Save % in 18 appearances. In 2012-2013 he appeared in 3 games with the Kitchener Rangers, but largely played with the Kitchener Dutchmen of the GOJHL. With the Dutchmen Moylan appeared in 20 games posting a 3.58 GAA an a 0.888 Save %. So far this season with the Rangers Moylan had appeared in 2 games posting a 2.02 GAA an a 0.915 Save %.

Not sure I get this deal for the Sudbury Wolves, with Veteran Franky Palazzese starting the majority of the games and rookie Troy Timpano whom was a 2nd round pick 27th overall in the 2013 draft backing up, it doesn't leave much room for Moylan.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Summer Trades and Activity amongst OHL Sqauds - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer Trades and Activity amongst OHL Sqauds

Post by Macker88 Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:25 pm

To Belleville Bulls from Owen Sound Attack (C/RW) Cameron Brace in exchange for a 2nd Round Pick in '17 and Plymouth's 4th Round Pick in '14.

Brace, is a 5'10 176lbs Right Winger (majority of the time) who is in his 5th and final season in the OHL. Originally drafted by the Attack in the 8th Round 149th Overall by the Attack in 2009, Brace had previously spent his entire Junior career with the Attack, minus a brief stay with the Huntsville Otters of the OPJAHL in his rookie season. Throughout his OHL career Brace has posted 79 goals and 81 assists for 160 points in 223 games. Brace appeared in the 2010-2011 Memorial Cup with the Attack and scored 1 goal in 4 games during the tournament. So far to date this season Brace has 4 goals and 6 assists for 10 points in 13 games. He's due to serve a 8 game suspension before suiting up for his first game with the Belleville Bulls.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:36 pm

To Peterborough Petes from Barrie Colts (LW) Josh McDonald in exchange for a Conditional 15th Round Pick in '14.
If McDonald plays 1 game for the Petes the trade becomes McDonald for London's 4th Round Pick in '14, Peterborough's 6th Round Pick in '14 & a Conditional 4th Round Pick in '15.

McDonald, is a 5'9 163lbs Left Winger, who is in his 3rd OHL season. He was originally selected by the Barrie Colts in the 2010 OHL draft in the 3rd Round 61st overall, out of the London Jr. Knights Minor Midget Program. His first Junior season in 2010-2011 was spent with the Elmira Sugar Kings of the GOJHL. 2011-2012 was his first in the OHL, where he appeared in 55 games, scoring 3 goals an adding 4 assists for 7 points. In 2012-2013 he saw his numbers improve posting 15 goals and 15 assists for 30 points in 66 games. So far in the 2013-2014 season through 14 games McDonald has 3 goals and 5 assists for 8 points.

Solid move by the Petes, McDonald will like put up 25 and 25 this season an play top 6 minutes and see some special teams time. The Petes needed to add a player to their top 6 an it looks like they've found one for reasonably cheap.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:42 pm

To London Knights from Saginaw Spirit (D) Michael Prapavessis in exchange for London's 15th Round Pick in '15 an a conditional 5th Round Pick in '15. (Condition likely being that Prapavessis suites up for the Knights).

Prapavessis is a 6'0 172lbs left shooting defenseman, who was originally selected in the 10th round, 194th overall in the 2012 OHL Draft by the Saginaw Spirit. Prapavessis played his minor midget hockey with the Mississauga Rebels organization. In his first season of Jr eligibility he suited up for the Toronto Lakeshore Patriots of the OJAHL. He appeared in 25 games, scoring 2 goals and adding 9 assists for 11 points. Currently this season he is once again suiting up for the Lakeshore Patriots and to date has put up 1 goal and 19 assists for 20 points in just 17 games.

Solid depth move for the Knights if they're able to get him to come to London. This kid is a great PP QB and a real slick skater.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:48 pm

To Sudbury Wolves - Craig Duininck (D) & Owen Sound's 10th Round Pick in '14

To Sarnia Sting - Jimmy McDowell (D) & London's 2nd round Pick in '14

Really like this move for the Wolves, Duininck has lots of experience, he's been to a Memorial Cup with Windsor, and is just a solid all around defenseman who is really gonna balance out the Wolves D-Core. McDowell will definitely help Sarnia's PP and will likely see loads of ice time as an OA with a struggling club. I always liked McDowell as a 5th or 6th D-Man an hopefully he can sneak Sarnia into the Playoffs and end his career with a playoff appearance

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:57 pm

To North Bay Battalion - Miles Liberati (D) & a conditional 4th round pick in '16
To London Knights - Zach Bell (D)

London, starting to stock up for the Memorial Cup I guess. Bell is a solid d-man and will definitely contribute offensively as well, but I don't see him as a huge upgrade over Liberati. Liberati is a Canucks draft pick, has two more years of Jr. eligibility and is a solid 2-way defenseman that can help in the future as well as this year. London is really mortgaging their future, to take a shot this year. Also with Brady Austin, Alex Basso, Dakota Mermis, Paxton Leroux and now Zach Bell, two D-men are gonna have to be moved.
Solid deal by Butler, Bell would not report to North Bay which really forced Butler's hand, but he didn't rush to move the kid and got a solid pick up. This move really strengthens the Battalion D-Core.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:49 pm

To Guelph Storm - (LW) Kerby Rychel & (D) Nick Ebert
To Windsor Spitfires - (LW) Brody Milne, Guelph’s 2nd round picks in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Guelph’s 4th round pick in 2015 and 15th round pick in 2017, Kitchener’s 3rd round pick in 2016 and Windsor’s 4th round pick in 2014.

After the trade this is Guelph's Projected Lineup
McGinn - Dickinson - Kosmachuk
Rychel - Fabbri - Mitchell
Bertuzzi - Garlent - Auger
Horvat - Suter -Craievich
Stevens - Migliaccio

Finn - Harpur
Leslie - Ebert
Trojanovic - Baltisberger
McFadden - Bauman
Locke

Nichols
Mancina

The scary thing here is with a top 97 defensemen in McFadden, a young but solid d-man in Locke, a producing 95 d-man in Bauman and youngsters Craievich and Stevens splitting time on the 4th line and out of the line up. Guelph still has trade pieces to upgrade even more.. if that's even possible. 4 of 5 of these aforementioned players will not dress routinely. Every single one of them would help other teams. Guelph is scary good.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:13 pm

WOW WHAT A HUAL FOR WINDSOR, AND GUELPH JUST TURNED THE WEST INTO A 3 HEADED MONSTER!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:01 pm

OHLInsiders BREAKING: Vail and Koekkoek could be on their way to London, rumoured return sees two players + picks heading to Windsor.

steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by chupa81 Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:56 pm

Hello Jeff Twohey are you out there!!!Shocked 

chupa81

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Summer Trades and Activity amongst OHL Sqauds - Page 4 Empty London rumour

Post by Gens Camper Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:49 pm

The word is the reason Koekook didn't go to Guelph is he wouldn't waive his no trade clause so Nick Ebert was moved instead

We do not have what London is looking for or Tyler Biggs is on his way back and we make another move

Hopefully we get a BIG tough forward

BUT as it is today in order to be in London in May you have to be an O H L CHAMP and beat Erie or Guelph in a 7 game series if London is

not in the O H L final and my money is on Erie or Guelph more than likely playing Barrie in the O H L final , I expect Barrie to add to their lineup

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:28 pm

To North Bay Battalion - (D) Kyle Locke
To Guelph Storm - 12th Round Selction in '14

This move was coming, Guelph had 9 OHL caliber defensemen on their roster, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Locke is actually a pretty good young defensemen, he was a 2nd round pick 30th overall in 2012. North Bay got great value for this kid as he was definitely worth way more then a 12th.. an by way more I just mean a higher pick.

Would of liked to see the Generals acquire this kid. Especially at that value

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:28 pm

BELLEVILLE, ON - Belleville Bulls Head Coach and General Manager George Burnett announced Wednesday that the team has acquired 18 year-old defenceman Alex Yuill from the Barrie Colts in exchange for forward Garrett Hooey and a 5th round pick in the 2016 OHL Priority Selection.

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:15 am

Good Deal for Barrie, Hooey is a very useful player and they also get a 5th round pick (top 100) in the deal. Hooey gives Barrie some options up front, he can play any where throughout the lineup. Good solid net presence on the power play as well.

Yuill is a former 22nd overall pick, he's a smaller sized defensemen, who's adjusted to the OHL game pretty well. He doesn't do anything particularly well, but also doesn't do anything overly poor. Not sure i get this deal though, Hooey could of brought back more, an he's almost assured to be back as an OA so I don't see the rush in moving him. The Bulls are already small on defense and this only makes them smaller. Not to mention the Bulls have decent depth on D with Subban, Lemcke, Raycroft, Morris, Bignell & Bean all expected back next season. An they current also have Worrad and now Yuill in the mix. If anything they could of used forwards or a higher draft pick.

George Burnett has made some very questionable moves this season. Austin for Elie was a good deal. But trading picks to add OA Cameron Brace, trading youngster De Sousa for not much. Now Hooey for a questionable return.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:21 am

I thought Hooey would have been a good, inexpensive addition for the Gens but I'm not sure who they could have given up  comparable to Yuill? Carlisle, but he's not young enough

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:30 am

Just saw on the Bulls thread on HF Boards that Hooey told people he wanted to be moved to the Gens. Understandable as he's from around here. Oh well!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:40 am

Yep no way Burnett does us any favours , in fact the only reason I can think of for his getting overager Brace , was so we didn't !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by WILLSPEN1966 Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:12 am

mygens wrote:Yep no way Burnett does us any favours , in fact the only reason I can think of for his getting overager Brace , was so we didn't !

Sudbury really exposed a weakness in Oshawa.. We are lacking size. Sudbury is a big team, that easily pushed out forwards around last night. We can use the excuse Laughton is not in the line up, but a team isn't made with one player. If that is the reason by chance because of Laughton being missed then we are in worse shape than I thought.
WILLSPEN1966
WILLSPEN1966

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by StingRay5 Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:14 pm

I missed the game last night. But I agree we need more size both toughness and scoring up front.
StingRay5
StingRay5

Number of posts : 265
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2013-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:23 pm

A couple of trade went down today(no not Oshawa)

TRADE: Sault Ste. Marie trade Mac Clutsam to the Barrie in exchange for a 7th Round Draft pick
('16)

TRADE: Sarnia Acquire Brandon Lindberg from the Saginaw in exchange for a 4th Round Pick ('14) + 10th Round Pick ('17)
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:44 pm

I was just doing my write up on this trade, good looking out steamed.

To Barrie - (D) Mac Clutsam
To Soo Sault Maire - 7th Round Draft Pick in '16

Clutsam, was originally selected in the 2011 Draft in the 7th round 124th overall by the Soo Sault Marie Greyhounds. Clutsam is born in 1995 and stands 5'8, weighs 159lbs. He spent the majority of his 1st junior eligible season with the Elmira Sugar Kings of the GOJHL. In 49 games with the Sugar Kings he scored 2 goals an added 7 assists for 9 points. Clutsam saw 9 games of OHL action his rookie year, recording no points. In 2012-13 Clutsam appeared in just 29 games with the Greyhounds, producing 1 assist, 4 penalty minutes and a minus 3 rating. This season through 28 games Clutsam had a goal and 3 assists for 4 points, to go a long with 6 penalty minutes and a plus 8 rating.

I'm guessing Clutsam became expendable with the emergence of rookies Colton White & Kyle Jenkins. This leave the Soo with just 6 defensemen on the roster, so I'm expecting a deal to bring in a defenseman in the near future. 2012, 7th Round Pick (138th Overall) Medric Mercier is also an option as is from the Ottawa area but currently suiting up for the Soo Thunderbirds of the NOJHL, and has respectable numbers. 23 GP 2G 4A 6PTS 4PIM.

Not sure I get this move for the Colts, Clutsam has had a hard time cracking the Soo lineup and Barrie's D-Core is arguably better and deeper. So unless he's just gonna be used while Ekblad is away, I'm guessing a Colts deal involving a D-man is on the horizon. Or he could simply be a replacement for Alex Yuill as they are very similar players in my mind.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:52 pm

To Sarnia - Brandon Lindberg
To Saginaw -4th Round Draft Pick in '14 & a 10th Round Draft Pick in '17

Lindberg, a former 5th round pick 87th overall in 2012 by the Saginaw Spirit. Lindberg stands 6'0 and weighs 187lbs. Lindberg made the Spirit his rookie season, and appeared in 61 games scoring 8 goals and adding 6 assists for 14 points, while racking up 8 penalty minutes and a minus 10 rating. This season he's been seeing less ice time due to all the veteran acquisitions made by the Spirit in the off season and early on in the season. To date Lindberg had appeared in 20 games, racking up no points, 11 penalty minutes and a minus 3 rating.

I think this a far deal for both sides, Saginaw get's a 4th for a 5th round draft pick who really has become expendable this season. While they may regret this trade next year, at this point it makes sense. Lindberg will see loads more ice time in Sarnia an will definitely see his point totals go up. Don't expect a huge impact this season, but this kid has potential to produce at a decent clip.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:27 pm

The Barrie Colts trade Dylan Corson to the Soo Greyhounds for Nick Pastorious plus a 15th rd pick.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:39 pm

TRADE: North Bay Battalion acquire Zach Bratina from the Saginaw Spirit in exchange for Blake Clarke
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4